These days kind of ran together due to a weird schedule, involving in part sleeping off the programming binge from earlier. Like most days it started off with support, emails and finding orphaned slack results…
- I rewrote my commit history be be more sane, since people are starting to make noises about building on my branch. Having people build on my branch is … awkward because rewriting history is pretty core to how I work– I often make commits of experiments, then throw them out and replace them, then later flatten all that down. But I can make it work. The main thing I had to change was moving
msinstalland restoring the old
install. This makes my branch usable as real npm while we’re developing.
- I started looking at failing tests now… which given that the replacement install command is temporarily named something different should be none of them. =D
- Decided to spend some time with the progress bar…
- I tried a few approaches to integrating with the logger and after a few false starts, settled on wrapping it, which thus far seems to be working ok. I’m not totally happy with how it factors into existing code, but I don’t yet see another option that’d integrate cleanly. =/
- Still, I do actually have a percentage meter now, so plugging it into an actual progress bar should be pretty easy. There are still some integration issues with logging (due to its “I’m a giant magic global object” thing =D) This all took longer then I’d’ve liked.